Wednesday, October 24, 2007

broken promises

My latest attempt to pass the time between drop offs and pick ups is refinishing furniture- well, sanding, painting, then distressing. I have been sanding by hand for the past few weeks which is very time consuming. Colby kept telling me he had a palm sander that I could use but it was in our storage unit. So, on a regular basis I would ask him to get it for me since he has the only key to our unit. Returning home without a palm sander, he would always reply, "I forgot, sorry." Broken promise after broken promise. Today I finally stopped playing the martyr and bought my very own power tool. Yes, a palm sander. Talk about empowering! I love it! I spent an hour and a half today on my latest project. What I accomplished in that time would have taken me a couple of days to do. I have a renewed motivation- it is too bad they don't make power tools to help you clean your house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally get that...I have some major drywall repair needs since Dalton decided to test the screwdriver against the wall....he was bored.....AHHHHHH....I have been bored MANY times in life and NEVER destroyed my mother's house because of it....Sherm keeps telling me he will take care of it and have Dalton help....that was 2 months ago. I told him to just tell me what to buy and I will do it myself...he just let out a big sigh like I was driving him crazy....LOL...yeah...other way around buddy!