Thursday, October 25, 2007

the force was with me


Tonight we went to the Halloween carnival at Reed's school. Sounds like fun, right?...until I tell you that Colby was out of town so I put costumes on the kids with just a little bit of frustration- Blue was crying because I had to wake him up and we all know that is not easy; and if you look close enough in the picture you can see that I underestimated Beau's size when purchasing his costume and we had to improvise. Then once we got to the carnival I had to hold Beau the entire time to keep him from running in the opposite direction. Not only did I hold Beau but I also held Reed's and Blue's light sabers while they played games and got their face painted. Luckily we arrived right when it started and we didn't have to wait in any lines as I noticed a lot of other people were having to do as we were leaving. In forty minutes we had played all the games, got their faces painted, listened to a Halloween story, and picked out prizes. It definitely was not as bad as I was expecting. A night spent in the company of Anikan, Luke Skywalker, and Darth Vader, I must have had the force with me.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

I can feel the force even from here. I wish I could see them in their costumes in person. Adorable!

Chea said...

does the force come in a bottle formula. I could use some. beau is too cute.

Rose said...

I remember the good old days at Desert Mountain at their fall carnival. Chasing Cy from ride to ride, and Dakota never leaving my side.

Chea said...

ok we need to hear more.

Anonymous said...

Those are the CUTEST star wars characters I have EVER seen.....I love it....adorable! The bottle is great....totally part of the costume right? LOL