Tuesday, July 24, 2007

my kind of camping


This past weekend we went to the Busby family reunion at Hawley Lake in the White Mountains. It has been strictly a tent or camping trailer situation for as long as I can remember. But in recent years, a few of our cousins have rented cabins located on the other side of the lake. So this year Chea, Channy, and I decided to follow their example, especially since our husbands wouldn't be able to come for the entire trip, or come at all. I have to say... I have been converted. I don't know if I will ever be able to sleep in a tent or camping trailer again. It was sooo nice to go back to a dry open space where Beau could run around without me having to follow him or tell him 'No, don't eat that rock.' It was also very convenient when it would rain during the day to have somewhere to go where all of us (Chea and kids, Channy and kids, Heidi and kids, me and my kids, Anthony and Sara, Danny and Francis, and Grammy) could still hang out together. It was like having the best of both worlds. Our kids "fished" (mostly caught crawdads and minnows), and even ventured into the lake fully clothed (Blue) or without clothes (Beau), and Reed kept his distance and just walked around in the water with his boots on. My kids had a blast! In fact, when we got home Blue started crying because he thought we were driving back to the cabin and not all the way home- nevermind the fact that it was a three hour drive home and only a ten minute drive to the cabin from camp. I guess when you're three your concept of time isn't really accurate. I have to say thanks to Chea because she documented most of the trip for me. What would I do without her skills?!

1 comment:

busbyfam.blogspot.com said...

They are the cutest kids in the whole world. I love my grandkids. Chea you are our journal.