Monday, July 9, 2007

go do your chores!





I decided I needed some motivation to get my kids to do some chores around the house. Not only chores but to bathe, get dressed, and brush their teeth without me having to walk them through each step. So I "designed" a new chore chart. I was pretty proud of my project. Reed and Blue will put plastic coins into each tin when they have finished a chore each day. At the end of the week we will exchange pretend money for real money. When I showed Reed my project he started asking me questions like "What if the money covers up the picture and we won't know what to do?" and "How are we going to know what order to do our chores?" So I had to fill one of the tins with pennies to show that he could still see the picture and then to solve the order problem we put numbers on the lids (not part of my original plan, but actually turned out pretty good). Reed seemed to be satisfied. Blue just wanted to play with the tins... magnets and compartments- what more could a three year old ask for? Notice in the pictures how Reed's chore chart is perfect rows and in order. Blue's, however, looks sorta like a random collage- just like their personalities. We will see how long the thrill of this new chore chart lasts.

8 comments:

Courtney said...

How cute are you, Martha Stewart! I love those chore charts! What a great idea. You might need to show me how you made those next time your are here. Better yet I need to come visit you! I love the new blog!Your boys are so Handsome! Reed looks so cute with his missing tooth smile! Miss you but love that I can keep up with your every move now!! Blog with you soon!

Chea said...

I just bought those same tins for fridge magnets. staring my kids of course. Your chore chart turned out so cute. Thats the difference between you and me. you finish your cute projects so If you need any more tins I have them.

Arnett's said...

You really need to make a book of your projects with picutes. I will buy it! I wish I could come up with that kind of stuff!

lacy lee said...

I'm thinking I may need this chart for myself. I'm constantly omitting showers and teeth brushing...or forgetting what order to do things in.

wendy said...

lacy- maybe i could market this as "age appropriate" for adults and children

Rose said...

Danny and Francis are not on your links. I had to go to Sara's to find them. Now that chick has it together.

{Frances} said...

Those are so cute!! I agree with sara...make a book!

busbyfam.blogspot.com said...

Where weew all these cute ideas when I had all the little arnetts? Paper on the refrigerator, anyone?