Tuesday, July 31, 2007

king of the sky

We had a really good summer storm today. Unfortunately we happened to be out and about when it came. I guess I should say unfortunately for me but the boys were totally thrilled about it. We came out of Big Lots in a downpour. Luckily this time I was parked up front but still we had to get in the car. I thought we would wait a few minutes to see if it let up. While we were waiting Reed and Blue were having so much fun just standing at the edge of the sidewalk and getting soaked! Beau was trying to wiggle out of my arms so he could join them. I would hold him in my arms and stick him out in the rain. He thought it was great! Every time it would thunder (which was pretty loud- enough to make me jump a couple of times) the boys would yell and run underneath the ramada and then it would start all over again... creeping slowly to the edge of the sidewalk then standing directly in the rain and then running back as soon as it thundered. It didn't let up for the few minutes I was willing to wait so we ran to the car and got in as fast as we could. It took me three trips, one for Beau, two for Blue, and three for the stuff we bought. There was about three inches of rain on the ground and I was wearing flip flops. Now if you have never walked in a few inches of water with flip flops on let me tell you what happens... your backside is soaked because water gets "flipped" up. I didn't realize this until my third trip back and forth. Whoops! So we get in the car and we're heading home and Reed starts to tell me all about lightening. He said that lightening could go wherever he wanted to go. I tried to tell him that it followed the storm. He then told me that he thought lightening was king and could go wherever he wanted. Reed said the clouds are just lightening's floating chair and he just tells them where to go. To prove his point, Reed said, "Look the windshield wipers are bowing to the king." I couldn't argue with that.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That is quite the imagination. Kids are too funny! My girls still remember coming to your house and playing in the tent!

once upon a poppy said...

ok sorry I was logged in on my mom's computer so it's under Toree. It's just me

Chea said...

I think that type of thinking he's well on his way to being shakespear type writer. so smart . where does he get it.

wendy said...

I'd like to say he gets it from me... but doubt it.

Rose said...

He gets it from me. Cy is just like that. Just be careful he may want to write a book which by the way Cy is doing.