Friday, July 6, 2007

it's raining, it's pouring

Today I decided to venture out with my three boys and go grocery shopping. When we left the house it was cloudy with a chance of showers. By the time I got to the grocery store (ten minutes later) it was starting to sprinkle. Forty five minutes later when we were coming out of the grocery store it was definitely raining. Luckily I was pushing one of the humongous shopping carts that aren't that light or easy to maneuver, the carts that have the car attached to the front. I couldn't wait out the rain because I was already late to meet some workers at my house. So I put Blue and Beau in the "car" part of the cart, hoping it would shield them from some of the rain and Reed happen to be wearing a cowboy hat (yes, the same cowboy hat Blue tried to wear the horse races- apparently it is the favorite accessory of the week). I pushed the cart to our car which happened to be not so close to the front of the store while Reed tried to keep up beside me. I got to my car, unlocked it and got the boys in before they were completely drenched. Now it started to pour. I realized the back of my car was already full of patio furniture that I had tried to return yesterday but Blue fell asleep on the way to the store. When Blue falls asleep in the late afternoon there is no waking him up. Trust me, this happens often and I try everything, even bribery to get him to wake up. And since I couldn't fit the patio furniture, Beau, and Blue all in one shopping cart we had to just turn around and go home. Anyway that was yesterday, back to today's shopping experience. Where was I?... Oh ya, so the back of my car was already taken. I was going to have to fit all the groceries in the front passenger seat. I grabbed two bags and a gallon of milk out of the cart and turned to put it in the front seat. When I turned back around to grab another load my cart was rolling down the parking lot (seeing as Flagstaff is in the mountains, many of the parking lots are inconveniently put on a slope). I quickly rescued it but was wasting precious seconds for, remember, I was working in a downpour! I finally finished and climbed in the car dripping wet(literally). This is when Reed matter of factly said, "Mom you should brought an umbrella or maybe a hat." Thanks Reed.

3 comments:

Arnett's said...

Geeze. That sounds like quite an adventure! I love Reed's comments. He is always so matter of fact! You have the cutest boys.

Anonymous said...

Your boys are DARLING....I found Sara Arnett's blog (she is friend's with my little sis) and found Chea's blog and then your's......SO crazy....I love this blog thing....anyways....darling family.....enjoy the rain....it was 116 the other day......OUCH!

Chea said...

umbrella , is that an accessory. I like acessories. Is this about me or you