Monday, June 25, 2007

million dollar question

What's the point of a Wal-Mart if there is no "super" to it? Here in Flagstaff we have a walmart, not a super walmart, just a walmart. There is no produce, no a huge selection of dairy, and the snack isle is combined with the soup isle and the cereal isle and the mac'n'cheese isle (you get my point). I am a Target-aholic. I will always go to Target before I choose Walmart when looking for "the good stuff", but for the necessities why wouldn't you go to walmart?! I can dress and feed my entire family from one store- brilliant! From diapers to "big boy" cuecas and formula to a gallon of milk. Not here in Flagstaff. I was floored the first time I went to wally world here. I had a huge list, having just moved to a new house; we needed to restock the fridge, not to mention we needed more storage solutions. Anyway, I have tried to boycot Walmart up here since my first visit but I needed spray paint and they don't have a True Value or an Ace or any other local hardware store besides Home Depot up here (a whole 'nother story). Walking in just made me bitter. What a waste of time for me since I coincidentally needed to go grocery shopping also. Today's outings leads me to my next million dollar question...
Why are kids so intrigued with public bathrooms. We get into walmart and the first thing Reed says is "I need to go the bathroom" which reminds Blue he needs to go also. After the Prescott incident (one of my previous entries), I am leary of letting Reed go in by himself. So we park our cart and the four of us go in the restroom. Trust me, it took a lot longer than it did to type that sentence... So after walmart, we go to goodwill. The boys spot the bathroom and all of a sudden they have to go again. All they have there is a handicapp toilet which is sort of amusing to watch Blue go since he is a little on the short side. One more time... We are at Reed's karate lesson (you should see his skills!) and Blue has to go potty. Surprise, surprise. He is barely able to squeeze a few drops out but still sighs a long sigh and says "That feels much better".

All I can say is thank heaven for the little bottles of hand sanitizer.

3 comments:

lacy lee said...

I feel your walmart pain. Really, what is the point if it's not super?? The only draw to it's insanity is if you can get all you need in one stop. Rumor has it, though, we're getting one soon! So maybe your next move can be down to SV!

Devry said...

There are 3 Super WalMart's within a 2 mile radius of my house. It is a bit ridiculous. But this is why I love living in Texas. The shopping is fabulous.

Amber said...

I have heard that because Flag wants to keep the small town appeal they refuse to give us a Super wal-mart! I am just a small town girl so I don't know what I am missing. But man, it sure sounds nice to have a one-stop shop with little ones.......