Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Hip hip hooray!

We do not have air conditioning in our house here in Flagstaff. While many people say you don't need air up here because it doesn't get that hot, I am here to tell you they are wrong. Yes, it doesn't get that hot... compared to Phoenix. But right now I am sitting upstairs at 9:30 at night and it is 87 degrees in our house. Colby and I moved into this house assuming there was air conditioning. In fact, when it started to warm up I tried to turn on the air and all that was blowing was warm air. That dang home builder, building a faulty house- oh wait, Colby works for them. We quickly discovered we actually had no unit. So for the past three months we have endured many warmish nights (well really only the past month). Apparently Colby had had enough because today a worker was digging a trench for our new air conditioning! Hip hip hooray!

2 comments:

Chea said...

it only got to 113 today and was a cool 101 at 6:30 at the dive meet. Pleasant

Amber said...

I just don't get why Flagstaff is under the impression we don't need air conditioners. Aren't we closer to the sun here with the higher elevation? It sure feels like it to me. 2 years ago I was 9 months pregnant with Tate this time of year without air conditioning- uhhhg!