Tuesday, December 16, 2008

new kind of marshmallow

My boys have been enjoying hot chocolate a lot lately. Usually they ask for mini marshmallows to go in it. The other day I was out of mini marshmallows which did not please Beau. He took matters into his own hands and improvised. I had just gone grocery shopping and left the tub of blueberries sitting on the counter. Bad move on my part...

He didn't just put two or three in there. He dumped the entire tub of blueberries into his hot chocolate. This happened on the same day that I was baking a chocolate cake. The cake batter was in the cake pan sitting on the counter while the oven was preheating. I ran upstairs to put my makeup on. When I came back down, he was covered up to his elbows in chocolate cake batter and the counter was covered with it also. Apparently Beau thought it made great paint for finger painting. He knew he was in trouble because the minute I came around the corner, before I even said anything, he burst into tears. I don't have a picture of this because, as funny as it is now, it was NOT funny while it was happening.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm laughing, but I know I would've been totally angry if I were you. I remember Kendra telling me about her daughter, Kaya, pouring strawberry shampoo all over her mom's carpets. The picture of the blueberries is great, though! I'm so glad you think to get out the camera at times like that. Merry Christmas!