Sunday, December 14, 2008

date night

Friday night I went on a date...
with Blue. He had asked me earlier in the week why I always went on dates with dad. I asked him if he wanted to go and he jumped at the chance. We were going to go get presents for Reed and Beau and then I told him we could eat where ever he wanted. We left the house at 5:pm and he fell asleep before we even got to our first store. Luckily, he woke up. When I asked him where he wanted to eat I fully expected him to say McDonald's. Nope. Pizza at the food court at Target. While I ordered, he chose what table we were gonna sit at. This was a serious job for him. He finally found the perfect table with two chairs, he was pretty proud. After Target, he suggested we go to Dairy Queen and get a banana split- because he never tasted a banana split before(his words). Never mind the fact that it was 30 degrees outside, we went to Dairy Queen and ordered a banana split. When we got it, he wanted to know where the cherry was. I told him I wasn't sure if they put cherries on their banana splits. He seemed pretty disappointed about that. But not too disappointed. He chowed down on the banana split, favoring the chocolate sauce side. We had a great time together and Reed is eagerly anticipating his date this coming week.

No comments: