Friday, September 21, 2007

m&m's

I usually keep a small stash of candy in my car for emergencies- not for me but for my children. While gassing up this morning Blue found a pack of M&M's I had hidden. He was shoveling them into his mouth as fast as he could before I noticed. I told him that he couldn't eat anymore of them. The pack was actually one of those tubes of mini M&M's, which is a pretty cool toy in the eyes of my boys. So Blue said he wouldn't eat them anymore, he just wanted to hold the tube. By now we were at the bank. Blue stuck the tube in his pocket and I reminded him about no more eating. While I did my banking business at the teller window Blue sat on one of the couches. I would glance over at him every so often just to make sure he wasn't jumping on the couches (which has happened there in the past). He would just wave and smile at me. I was so pleased that he was behaving. Well, as we were walking out of the bank Blue says, "Sorry, mom, I ate all the M&M's. I just couldn't help it. They were so chocolaty!"

4 comments:

Ryan Brijs said...

Wendy I saw your comment on my blog but didn't want to respond there just incase someone from my work happens to read my blog. Funny you bring up moving to AZ. Here is the scoop, I applied to a design firm in Scottsdale and they responded and set up a phone interview with me on October 2nd. So anyway we'll see how that goes.

Arnett's said...

Nobody can resist the chocolately candy that melts in your hand and in your mouth!

wendy said...

ryan: we are so excited. sorry about that comment, don't mean to get you into trouble!

Emily said...

Ha ha ha! Oh, you reminded me of a poem. Here you go!

This is Just to Say


I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold

William Carlos Williams