Wednesday, September 5, 2007

cool cat



Yesterday was Blue's first day of preschool. As you can see by his pictures he was a pro at this school thing. No nervous jitters for him, his only complaint was that we couldn't get there fast enough. I'm not sure why I even got out of the car to walk him inside. He took off running to the front door of his school (it is inside a home) and started playing. I had to pry him away from the toys so we could have a "talk". Now Reed is a rule follower. When a teacher says it is time to clean up, he cleans up. When a teacher says it is time to be quiet, Reed listens. Blue, on the other hand, likes to see how far he can go or what he can get away with. So as I am telling him to listen to his teacher and not to go back into the bedrooms, he isn't even looking at me and is already walking away from me. Heaven help his teacher.

Still on the subject of school, I have noticed the beginnings of a routine with my boys when we drop off and pick up Reed. When dropping off Reed this is how our conversation goes:
me: "I love you and be good"
Reed: "Okay, love you too."
Blue: "Wuv you Reed. Be nice to your friends."
Reed: "Okay, love you too." (with a slight roll of his eyes)
When we pick him up from school our conversation goes like this:
me: "How was your day at school?"
Reed: "Good, where did you go today and did you buy me anything?" (All in one breath. Apparently he is afraid that we are going to stores and buying loads of toys without him while he is at school.)
Blue: "Did you miss me?"
Reed: "Ya, did you go anywhere?"

5 comments:

Chea said...

totally cool

Sheri said...

Wenday - I hope you don't mind that I am commenting on your blog. My first child is also a rule follower - my second one is the rule breaker. I've already had 2 calls from the teacher this year. Not that he's bad - he just has selective hearing.

Sheri said...

sorry for spelling your name wrong. It was the keyboard - not me.

Rose said...

Reed and Dakota must be soul mates not the marrying cousin kind, just that they re similar. Dakota also asks me everyday where did I go and she answers my phone, my voice mail our answering machine the list goes on.

Tess Marie Rhoton said...

finally I can leave a comment. I though google must have disowned me. but figured it out. isn't it nice to not have to coax?