Tuesday, September 9, 2008

it finally clicked

A couple of weeks ago Chea came up to take our family pictures. Colby claims that we have these taken at least every three months. I beg to differ, it has been a year since we did official family pictures. I know how much he dreads doing them but I had big plans this time and I prepped him about a month in advance. I wanted him to take our couch from our living room and transport it to the photo shoot. Now, normally this would be asking a bit much but to top it off... it was raining off and on the day we did our pictures. I thought for sure Colby would put an end to my fairy tale photo shoot. But, to my surprise, he loaded the couch and unloaded the couch, then had to load it AGAIN during the shoot because it started raining then unloaded AGAIN because it stopped raining. He did this all without complaining. I mentioned to him that I really appreciated all that he was doing for these pictures. And guess what he said to me?! "It's important to me because I know it's important to you." It finally clicked in his head that "when mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy".




8 comments:

Chea said...

i love it. colby is a smart man

iamwonderwoman said...

Your pictures are GORGEOUS! Love them - your sister is an amazing photographer!

Courtney said...

The pictures are beautiful!! Chea Rocks! I love the red hot shoes!!

Unknown said...

Colby is a wonderful husband and father. He has an adorable and wonderful wife.

Mariley Johnson said...

what a guy!
I don't think I'll ever understand why men have such a difficult time with photo shoots.

once upon a poppy said...

so cute! i love cheas pics. they always turn out beautiful! i love the brotherly love pic! classic!

As Told By Molly said...

Nice knowing that Colby's smiles are genuine. Good man.
Killer idea on the couch. And, I too love the shoes.
Have fun this weekend at the workshop!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...I am SO jealous...they are amazing...LOVE the red heels...you are so dang cute! What a lucky mom...you have such handsome little men!