Wednesday, May 5, 2010

yes, no, maybe so

So, I have gone back and forth the last few months trying to decide if I'm ready to commit to blogging again. It's not that my boys are no longer nap takers, mess makers, or future heart breakers- we've just added a bit of scoring soccer goals, making honor roll, puttin' up scout tent poles, and playing a little do-re-mi-fa-sol. As busy as they are, they are loving every minute of it and love living in Queen Creek! Occasionally, I will hear an "I miss Flagstaff" and watch them try to muster up some crocodile tears. It is the funniest when Beau tries to do it, since I don't think he really remembers a whole lot, he just wants to be like his older brothers in every way. Instead of trying to catch up, I'm just gonna start nice and easy with a few good moments.

Beau and I were playing swords today. It was his idea so we played by his rules. With my amazing sword fighting skills, I kept cutting of Beau's limbs, a leg here and a hand there. Well, Beau quickly made a rule that they grow right back so he wouldn't have to hop around on one foot or put a hand behind his back(this was a previous rule when a limb was cut, it had to be hidden). So the next time he got my leg, to avoid hopping on one foot, I tried to claim that it grew back. Beau then informed me of another rule, instant limb growth only happened to kids and not grown ups.

The other day, I was in the car with all three boys and Reed was talking about how cool the title "The Pearl of Great Price" sounded. "It sounds like a really big treasure!" Blue then chimed into the conversation with, "I wonder if Indiana Jones ever searched for it."

4 comments:

Mariley Johnson said...

Sure have missed hearing from you! Welcome back.

The Welker Family said...

So glad to see you again! Your boys are too cute and smart! I LOVE the picture at the top!

Kim Skinner said...

Even though I have not been a great blogger myself, I selfishly hope you start blogging again. You are so talented...and witty (aren't all of us Busbys? haha)

iamwonderwoman said...

We miss you up here! It's good to here you guys are doing great. Speaking of Flagstaff are you coming up here to do pictures this month!