Friday, July 10, 2009

loving the lake

Living in Flagstaff, where the weather is beautiful in the summer, we weren't very motivated to head down to the heat and go to the lake. But now that we are back living in the heat, we have found ourselves escaping to the lake quite often. Our boys love more than I ever thought they would, they are pretty cautious about swimming. But I think a combination of swimming lessons and lake trips have loosened them up a bit. They have loosened up so much that they all want to wake board now. In fact, Colby has taught Reed how to get up on the board.

Now he just needs to work on STAYING up. Reed loves it and hasn't gotten discouraged. It is the coolest thing to watch Colby and Reed out there in the water together. The only downside to Colby being out in the water with Reed is that I have to drive the boat. Ya, this is not one of my strong points but Colby is very patient with me and I hope I am getting better. Oh ya, thanks to Chea(who is never without her camera) for documenting this monumental event for me!

This last time we went out, Blue and Beau both wanted to wake board. So Colby set them in between his legs on the board and had them hold onto the rope with him while he wakeboarded. The boys get the biggest grins when they do this. I just wish I would have brought my camera that time. You can be sure I will be bringing it next time.

A few weeks ago we did a weenie roast and FHE at the lake. The boys thought that was so cool to explore a place that we got to by boat. Beau was super intrigued by the fire, well, maybe a little frightened.


It is so funny how when one has to go, the others all of a sudden have to go too.

2 comments:

Chea said...

so cute. I love the tree pic beautiful!!

Linde said...

I can't believe how brave they are getting. How fun for you guys to get to go to the lake more. The tree is picture is my new favorite picture in the world. So cute!